Mai Po Needs You! (image attached)
Over the coming few weeks the major areas of reed grass inside Mai Po are being managed. This management aims to rejuvenate the reed by cutting their stems and also removing accumulated vegetation litter from the pond floor. The work this year is extensive and the Mai Po team needs all the help it can muster to complete the work by the end of March.
We've set up 8 weekend volunteer sessions as shown below. If you, your friends or family would like to help please indicate your assistance at this link http://doodle.com/g753u8w46aq6kcsp
1. Sat 07 March, 09:00 - 12:30
2. Sat 07 March, 13:30 - 17:30
3. Sun 08 March, 09:00 - 12:30
4. Sun 08 March, 13:30 - 17:30
5. Sat 14 March, 09:00 - 12:30
6. Sat 14 March, 13:30 - 17:30
7. Sun 15 March, 09:00 - 12:30
8. Sun 15 March, 13:30 - 17:30
A minimum 5 people is required to make each session possible, maximum is 20 people. People would need to make their own travel to and from the Mai Po car park.
To give you an idea of the work, please click the following link to see photos from the Mai Po Green Gym held on 27 Feb 2015.